Terms & Conditions
for the legal eagles
Check out the various T&C’s for all the R&B competitions, our loyalty program and any other events we throw!
- The Ribs & Burgers Butchers Club (“Program”) is available at all Ribs & Burgers restaurants in South Africa.
- Participation in the Program is open to individuals with a unique mobile number and a South African residential address.
- Individuals can become Ribs & Burgers Butchers Club Members (“Members”) by downloading the official Ribs & Burgers App (“App”) for compatible smart phones and devices and following the prompts to register and activate the App. A mobile phone number verification process is in place. To become a verified member, you must verify your mobile number by entering the verification code sent to you as a SMS. Only a verified member can redeem cash-back credits and loyalty points (“Rewards”). Unverified Members can still earn rewards via the App but cannot redeem until the account is verified.
- Individuals under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to register for this Program and further, the parent/guardian of the individual must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by Ribs & Burgers to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor registering for this Program.
- Upon verification an Account will be created for the Member. Verified Members who initially became a Member with a physical membership card, will also be able to associate the existing membership card to the App account once they complete the App registration, this will enable them to accrue and redeem Rewards via the App. The Program allows one physical card (including loyalty cards and gift cards) to be linked to the App account maximum, please contact email@example.com if you have any issue with linking the cards.
- There is a strict limit of one (1) registered Account per Member/person. Each account requires an independent mobile number that needs to be verified.
- You must advise Ribs & Burgers of any change of name, address, email or other details as soon as practicable after the change. Personal information Ribs & Burgers uses is only to communicate with Members and to provide with offers that Ribs & Burgers feels that Members may be interested in. Ribs & Burgers is not responsible for any loss of Butchers Club Rewards or Benefits made available to Members in connection with any failure by you to notify Ribs & Burgers of any change in your details. Ribs & Burgers may require acceptable proof in relation to any change of details. Changes can be made directly via the App or by contacting the Ribs & Burgers Customer Service Team.
- Where redeeming Rewards at Ribs & Burgers, Verified Members must have enough Points to redeem against the full value of the item using the Rewards alone. Rewards are redeemed by presenting an App barcode associated with a verified account at the time of purchase. For Rewards, redemptions made in accordance with this clause, alternative payment methods should be used for purchase of other items not covered by Rewards redemption.
- Until otherwise advised by Ribs & Burgers, Ribs & Burgers membership is tiered according to your spend and interaction with Ribs & Burgers every consecutive period of twelve (12) month.
- Until otherwise advised by Ribs & Burgers, each Tiered membership entitles you to a different cash-back rewards percentage.
Tier 1 – Complimentary to join
Tier 2 – Minimum spend R3000.00 and accumulated 40,000 points
Tier 3 – Minimum spend R4000.00 and accumulated 55,000 points
- Until otherwise advised by Ribs & Burgers, ten (10) Points will also be awarded to a Member’s Account for each Rand spent by the Member in a Ribs & Burgers restaurant in South Africa (excluding rewards redemption, complimentary items, and gift cards) on top of the cash-back credit. Points are accrued where payment is made, provided that the App barcode associated with the Account is scanned at the time of purchase.
Tier 1 – 5% cash-back rewards
Tier 2 – 7% cash-back rewards
Tier 3 – 10% cash-back rewards
- All accrued Rewards & Entitlements will lapse if a member has not redeemed the Rewards within a period of twelve months. Ribs & Burgers will automatically deduct and invalidate Rewards from such an Account after every consecutive period of 12 months, with any accrued Rewards and other entitlements being forfeited. For example, you have earned R50 and 10,000 points on 03/08/2018, if they are not redeemed before 03/08/2019, our system will automatically expire them and remove them from your account. For the avoidance of doubt, the Account will not be terminated and the Member will retain their Account even after their Rewards expire.
- The Rewards balances and special offers under this Program are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Rewards accrued in multiple Accounts cannot be merged.
- The Rewards will not be accumulated and can not be redeemed in respect of any purchases made through a third party delivery service or other items nominated or other goods or services nominated in these Terms and Conditions by Ribs & Burgers from time to time.
- It is each Member’s responsibility to ensure that the correct Rewards have been added or deducted for each eligible transaction. Individuals must notify Ribs & Burgers of any apparent discrepancy as soon as possible by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Ribs & Burgers will not be able to add any missing Rewards related to transactions where a membership was not scanned by a Member.
- Ribs & Burgers is not liable for any unauthorised use of a Member’s account, Rewards, username or password by third parties, nor is it liable for unauthorised use of a reward code sent to a Member.
- No fees will be charged by Ribs & Burgers for the issue, registration, activation or use of the App. Members are responsible for any costs charged by their service provider for Internet access to use the App or access the Program website.
- Ribs & Burgers reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Members, registrations, verification of accounts, and Rewards accrual and redemption (including a Member’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Member who Ribs & Burgers has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the registration, Rewards accrual/redemption and/or account verification process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Program. Errors and omissions may be accepted at Ribs & Burgers’ discretion. Failure by Ribs & Burgers to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Ribs & Burgers’ legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable Member registrations or Reward redemption may, at Ribs & Burgers’ discretion, be deemed ineligible for this Program or deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of a Member, Ribs & Burgers reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Member.
- Should a password be lost or forgotten, Ribs & Burgers’ verified Members should follow the reset password steps via the App, the password will then be sent to the nominated email address associated with the Account.
- Additional rewards and entitlements may be offered at Ribs & Burgers’ absolute discretion.
- Ribs & Burgers reserves the right and has absolute discretion to refuse a Butcher’s Club membership should we believe that the use is unauthorised, fraudulent or otherwise unlawful.
- Ribs & Burgers reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to suspend your membership in the event that large credit load accumulate on your Ribs & Burgers Butchers Club account pending investigation into the accumulation of that credit.
- Ribs & Burgers may terminate your membership if it considers you have used your Ribs & Burgers Butchers Club card fraudulently or otherwise in contravention of these terms and conditions or the law generally.
- Ribs & Burgers accepts no responsibility for any SMS, email or other mail not received by Members or for any delay in delivery due to technical disruptions or for any other reason.
- Ribs & Burgers is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either collected at the time you registered as a Member or during the course of your Membership, either caused by a Ribs & Burgers employee in person or via phone or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this service, or for any other technical error, or a combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this service including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of Member’s contact details.
- Ribs & Burgers reserves the right to remove credit incorrectly or accidentally added to the Ribs & Burgers Butchers Club account, without notice to the Member.
- Ribs & Burgers may offer special offers to some or all Ribs & Burgers Butchers Club Members from time to time. These offers may include additional terms and conditions.
- Some Ribs & Burgers Butchers Club Members may be ineligible to redeem special offers because of their age or legal requirement. It is at Ribs & Burgers’ sole discretion whether to issue you with a special offer.
- To redeem a special offer, you must go to a participating Ribs & Burgers store and scan your Ribs & Burgers Butchers membership. All special offer values are inclusive of VAT where applicable and are quoted in ZAR.
- Ribs & Burgers Butchers Club membership, special offers and discounts are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
- All special offers must be redeemed on the dates specified in the relevant additional terms and conditions.
- All special offers are subject to availability, which may vary between Ribs & Burgers stores. Ribs & Burgers is not responsible if a special offer is not available on the day you come to redeem your special offer and you must release Ribs & Burgers, its related entities, franchisees and store operators from any claim and from all liability arising out of your inability to redeem such special offers.
- Ribs & Burgers is not liable for any damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, in connection with membership of the Ribs & Burgers Butchers Club or with any of the special offers, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- In all matters, all decisions of Ribs & Burgers with respect to the Butcher’s Club and any membership thereof will be final and cannot be contested and the Member hereby agrees to accept such decisions.
- If for any reason this service is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention or any other causes beyond the control of Ribs & Burgers which corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this service, Ribs & Burgers reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Ribs & Burgers Butchers Club.
- Members must not provide false or misleading information to Ribs & Burgers and must not alter, reproduce, disclose or in any way interfere with the details of other Members. Ribs & Burgers reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify or suspend and /or delete any credits or entitlements accrued by any Member who does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and may do so without notice to that Member.
- If for any reason the Program is inoperable (including but not limited to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, and technical failures), Ribs & Burgers reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with Ribs & Burgers’ systems, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Program. This includes causes beyond the control of Ribs & Burgers which corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Program.
- Ribs & Burgers reserves the right to alter the Terms and Conditions of the Program without prior notice. This Program, including any offer or promotion conducted under the Program, will continue until such time it is terminated by Ribs & Burgers. Should the Program be suspended, cancelled or altered at any time Ribs & Burgers will notify Members via email or the relevant section of the Ribs & Burgers website.
- Detailed description of goods and/or services
Ribs & Burgers is a business in the restaurant industry that provides fast casual dining.
- Return and Refunds policy
The provision of goods and services by Ribs & Burgers is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, Ribs & Burgers will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a 10 % administration fee.
Ribs & Burgers shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569.
- Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express Cards or cash.
- Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for Ribs & Burgers via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. DPO PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
- Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by Ribs & Burgers separately from card details which are entered by the client on DPO PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on DPO PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
- Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Ribs & Burgers takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
- Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Ribs & Burgers chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, First Floor, Building H, 3 Muswell Drive, Bryanston, 2096.
Ribs & Burgers may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
- Company information
This website is run by Mobi2Go (private company) based in Australia trading as Mobi2Go Ltd and with NZ business ID 9429034530382.
- Ribs & Burgers contact details
Company Physical Address: First Floor, Building H, 3 Muswell Drive, Bryanston, 2096
Telephone: 010 100 3010